Thank you to all of this year's entrants! There were 33 photos submitted from 21 individuals (19 adults and two youth).
2016 Winners (Adult Category):
Winter Leaves at Sunrise
Ridley Creek Winterscape
2016 Winners (Youth Category):
Splash of Spring
The 2016 Photo Contest Awards Ceremony took place on Friday, June 24, 2016 at the Hunting Hill Mansion at Ridley Creek State Park.
|This year, the ceremony took place outdoors. Attendees appreciated the talented work of our local photographers on a beautiful evening.
|The winning photographs are showcased.
Another Photo Contest Opportunity through PPFF
In addition to the Friends of Ridley Creek State Park’s Photo Contest, our parent organization, the Pennsylvania Parks & Forests Foundation (PPFF) has an annual photo contest. If you missed out on our photo contest, or if you entered ours and would like to enter PPFF’s as well, their deadline is September 13, 2016, so you have plenty of time. Since it covers all parks in the state, you could even send a photo of another state park or forest in Pennsylvania.Critic’s Choice and People’s Choice Awards will be given in each of 7 categories, as well as overall Best in Show. The categories this year are: Friends & Family Fun; Fur, Feathers, Fins, and Scales; Learn About our Past/Historic Landmarks; My Park and Forests; Nature’s Colors; Young Photographers (aged 9-14), and Young Photographers (aged 15-21). So there are many opportunities to win an award!
Friends of Ridley photographers have already won prizes in PPFF’s past contests. Congratulations to Thomas Caldwell for 1st Place in the Historical Gems category and to Elizabeth Duckworth for 2nd Place in the Nature Up Close category, both in 2015.
Prizes are state gift cards ranging in value from $25 to $75. For complete information, go to http://paparksandforests.org/get-involved/photo-contest/ on PPFF’s website. For the list of rules and submission details, click on the link on that page Check out the rules.
2016 Photo Contest Awards Ceremony
This is a reminder that the award ceremony for the Friends of Ridley Creek State Park photo contest is this Friday evening, June 24, at 6 pm at the park Mansion. For the first time, we are setting up outside -- and the weather report is good so far.
Come and bring your family and friends to the award ceremony to see all the beautiful pictures of the park. Look for us on the back patio or follow signs. Light refreshments will be served. We will also have a collection box for canned food items for the local Food Bank, so bring a donation if you can. See you there!
Joan Nikelsky, Vice-President
The awards ceremony will take place on Friday, June 24, 2016 at 6pm in the Hunting Hill Mansion ballroom. Light refreshments will be available. It is free and open to the public. A collection box will be available for canned food items for the local Food Bank.
Submission Requirements for Friends of Ridley Creek State Park Photo Contest
Questions: E-mail email@example.com or phone 484-442-0223 and leave a message.
- Amateur photographers only.
- Criteria: Judges will look for originality, composition, and photographs that depict the unique beauty found within the park.
- Subject matter: All photographs must be taken in Ridley Creek State Park, Delaware County, PA. Get directions from the website www.FriendsofRCSP.org or call park office at 610-892-3900. Any entries depicting a violation of park rules (such as tree carvings) will not be accepted.
- Format: All entries must be 8 x10 or 8 x12 prints only. Mount on mat board not to exceed 3 inches on each side, no frames. UNMOUNTED PHOTOS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED. In addition, we request a digital version of your photos so that we can display them on our website and/or select them for publicity or special projects. You can give us a CD containing your pictures or send a digital copy to this address: photocontest2016@FriendsofRCSP.org. The electronic file should be in .jpg format; use your first initial and last name in the file name and numbers if submitting more than 1 photo. If you used a film camera, you can get a digital file made from your photo or negative at a photography store.
- Entry Limit: 2 entries per person. Make up a title for each photo and write it on the entry form.
- Fee: $10.00 per entry, submitted with one entry form for each photo. Please make check (NO CASH) payable to PPFF-Friends of RCSP.
- Releases: Signed releases from any recognizable person in your photograph are necessary and must be attached to the back of the picture; see entry form here or on website.
- Deadline: All entries must be received by 4 pm Friday, June 17, 2016 to allow time for judging. Entries must be dropped off in person at the Ridley Creek State Park office. Entries submitted after the deadline but before the ceremony will be displayed at the ceremony, but will not be eligible for prizes.
- Categories & Prizes: Adult 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Youth (under 18) 1st and 2nd. Honorable mention prizes may be awarded at the judge’s discretion. Prizes to be determined
- Winners will be recognized at a ceremony at the Hunting Hill Mansion in the park on Friday, June 24th, 2016 at 6 pm. Entrants must be present to receive prizes. All children must be accompanied by an adult. The Ceremony is open to the public and free of charge. There will also be a collection box for the local food center (Media Food Bank) for those who wish to donate a canned food item.
- The Friends of Ridley Creek State Park (FoRCSP) is a chapter of the Pennsylvania Parks and Forestry Foundation (PPFF), a non-profit, tax exempt, 501C3 corporation founded to preserve, protect, and enhance Pennsylvania’s state parks. Proceeds benefit the FoRCSP for projects to improve our park grounds and structures. To find out more, visit us at www.FriendsofRCSP.org.
- Agreement: All winning photos will be displayed at the park and become the property of FoRCSP. Submission of your photo represents consent to the FoRCSP to display and use the photo at our discretion and consent to use your name in the newsletter, web page, calendar, press release, and/or other publications. All photographs submitted must be the original work of the entrant. By submitting your photograph for the contest, you indicate that you accept and agree to the terms outlined here. Parent or guardian must sign agreement for youth under 18.
Please click here to download the contest rules and to fill out the entry form.
Would you like to make a donation? Click here to join, renew, or make a one-time donation!