Congratulations to the winners of the 2017 Photo Contest!
- Youth Winner - First Place - Rachael Beresford, Lost & Found
- Adult Winner - First Place - Jenn Walker, Standing Out
- Adult Winner - Second Place - Donna Colleluori, Traces Through the Trees
- Adult Winner - Third Place - Qwinyetta Maldonado, Pathways
- Adult Honorable Mention - Mei McNeill, Spring in the Park
Submission Requirements for Friends of Ridley Creek State Park Photo Contest
- Amateur photographers only. All photographs submitted must be the original work of the entrant.
- Criteria: Judges will look for originality, composition, and photographs that depict the unique beauty found within the park.
- Subject matter: All photographs must be taken in Ridley Creek State Park, Delaware County, PA. You can get directions from the website www.FriendsofRCSP.org or call park office at 610-892-3900. Any entries depicting a violation of park rules (such as tree carvings) will not be accepted.
- Format: All entries must be 8 x10 or 8 x12 prints only. Mount on mat board not to exceed 3 inches on each side, no frames. UNMOUNTED PHOTOS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED. In addition, we request a digital version of your photos so that we can display them on our website and/or select them for publicity or special projects. You can give us a CD containing your pictures or send a digital copy to this address: photocontest@FriendsofRCSP.org. The electronic file should be in .jpg format; use your first initial and last name in the file name and add numbers if submitting more than 1 photo. If you used a film camera, you can get a digital file made from your photo or negative at a photography store.
- Entry Limit: 3 entries per person. Make up a title for each photo and write it on the entry form.
- Fee: $10.00 each for 1st 2 entries and $5 for a 3rd entry, submitted with one entry form for each photo. Please write one check for all photos (NO CASH) payable to PPFF/Friends of RCSP.
- Releases: Signed releases from any recognizable person in your photograph are necessary and must be attached to the back of the picture; see entry form here or on website.
- Deadline: All entries must be received by 4 pm Wednesday, June 14, 2017 to allow time for judging. Entries must be dropped off in person at the Ridley Creek State Park office. Entries submitted after the deadline of June 14, but by June 20, will be displayed at the ceremony, but will not be eligible for prizes.
- Awards: Awards will be given to both adult and youth (under 18) submissions. Honorable mention awards and/or special category awards may be given at the judge's discretion.
- Winners will be recognized at a ceremony at the Hunting Hill Mansion in the park on Wednesday, June 21st, 2017 at 6 pm. Entrants must be present to receive prizes. All children must be accompanied by an adult. The Ceremony is open to the public and free of charge. There will also be a collection box for the local food center (Media Food Bank) for those who wish to donate a canned food item.
- The Friends of Ridley Creek State Park (FRCSP) is a chapter of the Pennsylvania Parks & Forests Foundation (PPFF), a non-profit, tax exempt, 501(C)3 corporation founded to preserve, protect, and enhance Pennsylvania�s state parks and forests. Proceeds benefit the FRCSP to fund projects that improve our park grounds and trails. To find out more, visit us at www.FriendsofRCSP.org.
- Agreement: Submission of your photographs represents consent to the FRCSP to display and use them in our newsletter, website, FaceBook, calendar, press release, and/or for other publicity purposes and consent to use your name with them. Parent or guardian must sign agreement for youth under 18.
Questions: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 484-442-0223 and leave a message.
Please click here to download the contest rules and to fill out the entry form.
Would you like to make a donation? Click here to join, renew, or make a one-time donation!